July 28, 2012

Girl, look at that body.

So let's get this straight. I'm not an athlete. I used to play basketball a very, very long time ago. Since then I've pretty much done nothing. I have a bike that gets used very minimially due to not really having any time to take out the bike and strap it to the car...blah, blah blah.

Sooo...I'm going on vacation at the end of the month with Mr.B squared and my sister. Let me shed some light on this situation. My Mr.B is naturally slim and when he works out gets ripppped. My sisters Mr.B works out but like me wishes eating was a sport. My sister on the other hand will play tennis, spin, then run 10 miles, and then do like a bunch of other stuff. She is nuts.

Basically, we finally finished our basement which has been deemed the 'workout room' and so I now have no excuse to not get back into my 'workout routine'. I don't like going to the gym and I am by no means a runner.

I found a bunch of Ashley orientated workouts on Pinterest and that is pretty much the only reason I ever started ( 6 months ago) working out. I like it plain and simple with not a lot of extra. So the straight forward work outs like jumping jacks, squats, push ups are right up my alley.

I started my workout regimen on Tuesday. Wednesday I thought I was training for the Olympics so I really stepped it up. Wednesday, as in the day after Tuesday, as in the second day working out in months. Yeah, so I was pretty sore Thursday so I worked my arms and back. Friday was the Olympic opener so I was busy ya know, getting ready for the Olympics. HA!

Tonight I really felt like I could do the damn thing, and I did. I always do feel better when I start working out again it is just hard to find the motivation some nights, ya dig?

So I'll share the workout I did tonight.

50 Jumping Jacks
20 Squats
100 Russian Twists
5 Kneeling push-ups
1 Minute downward dog
15 Jack knife sit-ups
10 Lunges (each leg)
10 Side lunges (each leg)
20 bird-dogs
20 inner thigh lifts (each leg)

I found the workout here via Pinterest. It was the Saturday workout - go figure. I am telling you some people will look at these and be like, "Wow, what a joke." All I know is if my legs hurt the next day and I have to place one hand on the toilet to lower myself, it must be working at least one muscle and I'm happy with that.

Oh,back to the point - I need to workout because I'm going on vacation where there will be a lot of beach, and my sister who works out a lot in a bathing suit. I need to step up my game and peel the wrapper off these muffin tops and take a bite out of working out. (McGruff the Crime Dog reference, anyone, anyone?)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover