July 27, 2012

The Very First!

Let me just start by saying...I'm The Freckled Redhead!

My name is Ashley Travers and you probably wouldn't have guessed it but I have red hair. 

That is not what this blog is going to be about though it is going to be an everything blog. I hate to confine myself to one genre, name, title. You'll learn really quick here that I don't like to be like everybody else I like to be like ME. I strive to be myself but I don't want to be one of those people that tries so hard to be different. I guess I'm a lot like everyone else - in my own way.

I have a degree in Interior Design and love all things home decor and design. My boyfriend and I bought a house almost 3 years ago now and we are slowly making our way through it and putting our stamp on the place. I'll show current projects and past projects, but I obviously didn't have a blog in mind when I did the past projects so there might be a lack of before pictures. Just bare with me as I start this new crazy adventure.

One of my life goals is to own my own store someday. It would be appropriately called The Freckled Redhead...believe me I've thought about this. As in every single day since a long long time ago. I want MY store to have all sorts of house wares, decor items, gifts, thrifted pieces, refinished furniture....you name it I want it.

I turn 25 this year and have been slowly climbing the metaphorical mountain of life crisis. After my first year of college when I came home for the summer. I just lived easy - and I went back to college the next year knowing exactly who I was. I had this on top of the world feeling because, I found myself that summer. The summer before my senior year I did my internship in Corpus Christi, TX and lived with my Aunt. I came back with this same euphoric feeling of knowing exactly who I was. I have not found myself or that feeling since the summer of 2008. I'm hoping my new journey will help me find exactly what it is I have been looking for - and I invite you along for the ride.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover