September 12, 2012

Now I lay me down to sleep.

Yesterday I mentioned that I really want to start focusing on our bedroom. Awhile back I shared with you an inspiration board of what I was feeling for the space. So to get the juices flowing and to light the metaphorical fire I wanted to share with you some pictures that have sparked my interest.

I love the graphic wall paper and how it almost looks like a chalkboard. I obviously all love the quote that was worked in as well.  The head board is what really caught my eye because that is something I could see us being able to DIY.

Source
I liked this room for a lot of reasons. I loved the night stands they are pretty substantial so they could be used for overflow of stuff that doesn't fit in a dresser or closet and I liked how graphic they were. I also liked the pallet wall behind the bed I think wood walls are 'in' right now as far as accent walls go. I also like the headboard its shabby chic and almost looks like burlap. All-in-all I don't think it would fit our house but we can definitely use it as inspiration.

Source
This bedroom is so fun! I love the mixture of patterns and colors. This is what we need to see so that we aren't afraid of mixing things. There's metal bed frame, white side tables, wicker couch, dark wood table....None of this would really work for our room but it is nice to see all of this together and meshing.

Source
I don't know if sheep skin rugs would look cute on top of our carpet but I sure do love the look of them in this design. I definitely want to do the mirrors behind the night stands like in this picture and I'd die for campaign style night stands that are used here. I also love the idea of a bench at the end of the bed. What drew me to this bedroom was the wall color - we want gray.

Source
The lines in this headboard are nice. Not to harsh - and the velvet! I also like the mirrored night stands I've been trying to get Mr.B to hop on the mirrored furniture train but he just isn't having it. All aboard!

Source
I could crawl into that bed and just go to sleep. I love the walls - I probably wouldn't pick that color but seeing it on the walls I love it! It might be a little to dark for our taste. However, mixed with nice white linens it makes that bed look like a comfortable cloud.

Source
So those are a few of the pictures that I've been drooling over. I really want to Craigslist our bed and then for now just get a metal frame because even that would be better than what were currently working with. Not all parties that use the bed agree - let's just say Maximus is on my side.

Anyone else loving these bedrooms?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover