September 11, 2012

Randomize.

OK, whose ready for a blog full of everything and anything? Good - don't all raise your hands at once.

I don't know what you want to call it: jealousy pangs, fall fever, doubt....I've started to get this feeling of hating everything I've been doing design wise lately. I'm starting to look around and be like, "Oh, were still in that stage." I know we've come a long way and it makes it more fun to be able to grow with a house and figure out what you really like but sometimes I get really selfish and wish everything was perfect today, now, yesterday.

So here are some of the things I want to get done around the house:

  1. DIY Headboard- I just really want to start to pay attention to our bedroom - the old water bed frame just isn't doing it for me anymore(or ever).
  2. Finish office shelves- this is something that should be done this week or over the weekend but some other projects were priority for Mr.B last week and we had to patch the holes so we're getting there.
  3. Refinish some furniture - I got some free finds that I can't wait to share with you and I've been trying to decide how I want to refinish them, but don't worry I'll keep you updated.
  4. Add some 'flair' to the desk- I feel like my desk looks like an after thought and it totally wasn't so I want to try to tie all the colors that I have going on in here together...and spruce up my desk. I know you really haven't seen it and its because I don't totally love it yet.
  5. Find a new rug for L.R. - size does matter - when it comes to a rug in your living room. Its like the one that we had in there was okay and I love it but we really just need a bigger rug. I relocated that one to the kitchen and put a circle one we had in the living room so I feel a little better about it. Really, I want a big 8' x 10' that makes my heart pitter patter more than  Real Housewives on the DVR.
So those are just a few of the things that are eating at my brain as far as house stuff goes. 

In other news...

Target's new Shops opened yesterday and I couldn't wait to see what they had to offer. There are so many cool things from each so make sure you check them out. 

I couldn't resist this Stamper Kit from the Curiosity Shop for $10 so I ran into Target after work and picked it up - I can see this coming in handy for so many projects. I can't wait to give it a try!


While I was there I also had to pick up some of these bad boys... 


I have an Oreo addiction. There I said it! No, but really. When they come out with these Limited Edition flavors I get FOMO and have to go to the store to get them - right away. Since I was already in Target and they already had them out I figured - YOLO.  They are pretty good in case you were wondering. I prefer them to the Limited Edition birthday cake ones. ( I might be 25 but I can still use acronyms like a boss. )

2 more things:

1. The new season of The Long Island Medium started up again last night and I was dying! This season is going to be sooo good. If you aren't a believer I suggest you watch because you'll turn into one.

2. Last week I posted about all the things I wanted for fall. I held off because I am superstitious and didn't want to jinx myself - sure enough it was 'freezing' all weekend and now its dark at 8 o'clock. It's okay blame me for fall being here - I do. It has nothing to do with the the solar system and all that jazz - it was me.

Anyone else out there pumped about the Candy Corn Oreo's or maybe your projects are overwhelming you and you wish your house was at a different stage. We're all in this together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover