October 2, 2012

Hobby Lobby - shopping trip.

I had a Hobby Lobby gift card that I was hoarding from my birthday and I decided to finally go in an see what they had cooking.

They already have all their Christmas stuff out which is kind of annoying but at the same time it isn't because I  know I always wait to long to plan for my seasonal decor and then when the time comes I'm too overwhelmed. Plus, H.L is the queen (Yes, she's a lady) of sales so you could very well see the Christmas decor 50% off in the next couple of months. Score.

I had a few things I wanted to get while I was there. I have a few craft projects that have been brewing and I wanted to try them out for later use.

Here's the loot I came home with:

These leaves are pretty cool - the coloring and the texture on them is awesome. They were $5.99 a piece and they were 50% off.

Leave stems from Hobby Lobby

I added them to my vase with my sunflowers to make it look for Fall-ish. Around Christmas time I have poinsettias I put in there. The color of the leaves matched my red sunflower - it's a nice little arrangement to see when you walk in the door.

Flower arrangement made with leaves and flowers from Hobby Lobby.

These stencils are pretty sweet. There are 12 different designs and they were $5.99 and I believe they were 30% off. I have several stenciling projects in mind so these are going to come in handy.

Plaid brand stencils from Hobby Lobby

Air - Dry clay was $5.99. I want to make some bowls or ornaments with this, but whatever I end up doing I'll show ya how they turn out!

Crayola air dry clay from Hobby Lobby

These 2 Pantone inspired acrylic paints were in the clearance section for $1.97 - you can't beat that. I almost wish I got a couple more colors now. 

Pantone inpsired acrylic paints from Hobby Lobby

This picture didn't come out to good but its Folk Art Enamel. It's used for painting on ceramic - you can either let it air dry or bake it in the oven and it won't come off with everyday use and in the dishwasher. You might have already guess what I have in mind for that.

Plaid brand folk art enamel paint from Hobby Lobby

I saw some cute Christmas trees made out of pipe cleaners on Pinterest and I want to give it a try - these babies were $.87 can't beat that price. Mr.B laughed when I showed him them because he said he hasn't seen pipe cleaners is ages. I remember when they were a hit when we were kids.

Pipe cleaners from Hobby Lobby

I love this cute rustic bowl. It was $17.99 and 50% off. I originally thought I wanted to put some plants in it - maybe a little succulent garden or I have 2 ivy's I could transplant. For right now though, it's on our island cart holding grocery coupons and knife covers while the knives are in the dishwasher.

Rustic ceramic braided bowl from Hobby Lobby

I went to the spring preview in June of the Bouckville Antique Festival and saw this little tiny brass pineapple and I have regretted not getting it ever since. I was looking around yesterday hoping maybe they'd have one and low and behold they did! I love this little guy. He's actually not little he's like 5 inches tall - he was $11.99 and I had a 40% off coupon. Pineapples represent hospitality and warm welcome and who doesn't want those vibes in their house!

Hospitality and warm welcome - pineapple from Hobby Lobby

That's all the stuff I came home with and I still had some money on my gift card - yahoo! I'll be keeping you updated on any of the projects I use my stencil and paints with of course.

What are some of your great Hobby Lobby finds?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover