October 31, 2012

One thing leads to another!

We talked several months ago about the freebie tables that I re-did here and here. Then we made our new coffee table and decided we wanted matching side tables that were the right height, that matched….so on and so on.

The freebie tables were living in the living room so we needed to relocate them. We decided the perfect spot for them would be in the guest room because we didn't have any night stands in their and the bed in there is the exact same stain as the tables. Eventually, we'd be moving my dresser down there and the stain is the same on that  - so it'd be like a matching set.

The guest room isn't very big so its hard to photograph it – but I gave it a shot. This is the view when you are standing in the doorway. To the left is a closet with bi-fold doors and to the right is a window.

The Freckled Redhead - Guest Room
This is what you see when you stand to the left of the bed – it’s the dresser that matches our lovely bed set. ( Note sarcasm )

The Freckled Redhead - Guest Room

We thought it would be no big thing – just put the nightstands on each side of the bed, no big deal. Well, if you scroll up, one was already in place and when we put the other one in place it made it impossible to open one of the closet doors. That wasn't going to work – Mr.B has all his work stuff in this room and uses that closet daily.

When he left for work – I got to work. I whipped out my EZ-Moves and started doing a little switch-a-roo. Yes, I legit have a set of EZ-Moves last year for Christmas we did as seen on T.V. gifts – my family knows me too well and they care about my back – bam!

So after a little shimmy and shaking – here’s what we were working with. Notice anything different? While I was putting my EZ-Moves underneath the dresser the mirror that wasn't attached fell off and broke – but the mirror part was safe. Thank god who knows how many years of bad luck that would've been!

The Freckled Redhead - Guest Room
The placement worked really well because there was more room in front of the closet for Mr.B and the nightstands fit and the room just felt bigger. I hung up some curtains because the one I had up just wasn't working for me.

The Freckled Redhead - Guest Room
Max is always ready for his close up and thought this was a photo shoot. Sorry to disappoint shorty.

The Freckled Redhead - Guest Room
Both nightstands fit comfortably and I will move the lamp from the living room once we figure out what were doing.  I’d also like to purchase some shams and some pillowcases so that we can a more finished looking going on in here.

The Freckled Redhead - Guest Room
I folded up that quilt that we had laying around and laid out the comforter to make it look nicer. Kota lays on this bed while Mr.B is getting ready for work so it was kind of there for that reason. He sheds a ton so it was easier.

I also brought the curtains out past the window a little bit on each side to make the window feel bigger. If the pole was up higher it would be less obvious because you can see where the molding ends – but I was working with what was already there.

The Freckled Redhead - Guest Room

House projects and DIY usually lead one project into another because it’s a domino effect. We are happy with our progress in the living room and just need to figure out what our lamp situation is – ready made or DIY.

Of course I’ll keep you updated on what we decided and if we end up DIY’ing them I’ll show ya how we ended up doing them.

Do you love to rearrange rooms? I sure do!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover