November 19, 2012

3 Days of Thanks.

So I've seen a lot of people participating in the 30 days of thanks on Facebook. I haven't been but I decided that this week I'd do 3 days of thanks leading up to Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for my family.

I don't have a big family but I have a close family. We are always there for each other no matter what and we always get together for the good stuff: life events, birthdays, holidays....and we just pick up where we left off. I cannot wait to travel home and get to spend Thanksgiving with my family. The laughs, the jokes the food and all the memories - that is what I cherish.

I have so many good memories being home around the Holidays with my family. One year right before Thanksgiving I got a tattoo and had to drop that bomb on my parents. I thought I'd hide it but then knew my sister would rat me out so I called them and told them before I got home - I know my Mom was probably thinking I was going to tell her something much worse.

I remember the kids table with my Uncle who will always be a kid. No matter what age he is - he is a kid at heart. Him, my sister and I would sit there and crack so many jokes.

I also remember the Holidays at my Grandpa's house - there was always peanuts, m&m's, and other candy and things to snack on laid out on the coffee table. I remember his big dining room and everyone gathered around the table.

My family is experiencing everyone being far apart - but my parents house is the middle. It's 2 and half hours from my house and my sisters  - we didn't plan that it just happened but it's kind of nice because we can always go home and meet in the middle.

I haven't been home since Easter so I absolutely cannot wait - and I haven't seen my Sister and Bro-Lo ( aka Brother -in-law ) since August. I can't wait to hug my Scissor ( that's what we call each other) and just all be together to laugh and joke. Those are my best memories with my family the laughing and the jokes!!

Here's everyone last New Year's Eve - we did ugly Christmas sweaters and As Seen On TV gifts. ( Minus my Dad and Mr.B they weren't there.)



What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover