November 20, 2012

3 Days of Thanks!

So yesterday I started my 3 days of thanks and today I will continue.

I'm thankful for my friends. To me its quality over quantity. I think you reach a certain age where you don't feel like you need a hundred people to call, you just need those few that will know exactly what to say to make you feel better.

I remember everyone telling me I'd meet my life long friends in college and did I ever. Who knew freshmen year that I'd meet one of my best friends and we'd stick together for the four years of college - and then we lived together after saying for 3 years that we wouldn't. Things happened and we just went out separate ways for a little while - but we came back into each others lives at a very important time. My friend was getting married and even though I wasn't able to be in the wedding because my Sister was getting married the weekend before - I was able to be apart of it and made her invitations, wine bottle labels and just help her out when she needed to vent.

She is a friend like no other - we could sit and talk for hours about anything ( name that song ) and we have. Whenever we get together its just blah blah blah blah blah - for hours. I'm so glad that our lives kept us living close to each other exactly how we always talked about. Being a 'grown up' does make it hard to find time but we always have a blast when we get together.

I really think that the quality of friend is more important than the quantity. You can have a lot of friends but when you have great news to share or need to vent who would you call? I still keep in touch with a lot my friends from college but I've grown out of touch with a lot of my friends from High School. I'm not really sure why that is but I think one day we'll meet again.

Cheers to many more years!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover