November 26, 2012

American Picker.

I'm back! Sorry I was gone for a couple of days - Max and I went home to my parent's house for the holiday and I really just wanted to spend time with them and not worry about any posts. I had a great Thanksgiving and hope everyone else did as well.

While I was home I got to go to one of my favorite little spots to look for JEMS! It's a big old barn called Peter's Auction Barn. I forgot to get a picture - but if you click on that one you can see the source. It is quite deceiving because it really doesn't look that big but once you get inside its HUGE!

Peters Auction Jeffersonville New York

I took pictures on my iPhone so I apologize for any that are a little blurry. It was FREEZING in there and it's really dark so it didn't make for great pictures.

I loved these little milk glass bowls when I first walked in.

The Freckled Redhead - Peter's Auction Barn

This little piano was really cute too. With a little sanding and re-finishing it would be totally cute in a kids room.

The Freckled Redhead - Peter's Auction Barn

I had no intentions of even getting lamps until we got there and I saw they had a bunch. I then realized they had a lot of cool ones but I didn't know if there would  be a pair. This red one is really cool and there was a matching one in another room.

The Freckled Redhead - Peter's Auction Barn

This lamp base was also really cool but there wasn't a matching one.

The Freckled Redhead - Peter's Auction Barn

I was trying to think of something that these old wrenches could be used for.

The Freckled Redhead - Peter's Auction Barn

Here is a picture so you can get an idea of the lay of the land. It's PACKED and there are little rooms all along the way. Now looking at this picture that painting is kind of cool and the frame is awesome!

The Freckled Redhead - Peter's Auction Barn

This isn't the best picture but that table was really cool.

The Freckled Redhead - Peter's Auction Barn

I have this exact bread box ( in better condition ) but was so psyched when I saw it there.

The Freckled Redhead - Peter's Auction Barn

Awesome sewing machine in the table. 

The Freckled Redhead - Peter's Auction Barn

One of the rooms had a corner full of luggage. Nothing that I was to interested in though.

The Freckled Redhead - Peter's Auction Barn

This barn was actually used for auctions way back when so one room is HUGE and it has bleachers because the locals used to come down and buy their live stock. I happened to see this little egg in there and thought it was cute.

The Freckled Redhead - Peter's Auction Barn

They have everything there - I don't even know what was in these jars. They have tons of kitchen appliances, tools, lamps, odds and ends, silverware, glassware....- furniture you name it. When I was in college I had a furniture class that I needed some pieces for. I picked up and old toolbox that looked like a miniature chest and turned it into a light and I refinished a tiny little chair. There are JEMS for days in here but nothing is priced so you have to ask on everything.

The Freckled Redhead - Peter's Auction Barn

This old barrel was in a small back room and there were also Christmas trees and bikes back there.

The Freckled Redhead - Peter's Auction Barn

These old filing cabinets were back there also. A little paint and these bad boys would be looking good. They had a single drawer one also that was kind of cool.

The Freckled Redhead - Peter's Auction Barn

I took the picture of the wrenches and didn't even notice this little card filing cabinet right next to them. It's really neat and with some paint this would look cute on desk.

The Freckled Redhead - Peter's Auction Barn

I was ready to ask about the price of the red lamps when my sister went into the big room where the bleachers were and told me they had lamps along the top. I walked in and saw the middle pair.

The Freckled Redhead - Peter's Auction Barn

She pointed out that there were more along the other wall. They were all really big - there weren't any other matching pairs though.

The Freckled Redhead - Peter's Auction Barn

I decided to see how much they wanted for the lamps so I had the guy come look at them. He said that she usually wants $15 a piece for them. He was like "that's a lot though huh?" I told him yeah - he then said he'd give them to me for $10. He must have saw my face light up because he quickly said $10 each. I told him I'd have to think that was still a little more than I was hoping for - I told him I had $15 cash and he said he'd take it.

He got them down and we took them into the front room to see if they worked. It never really crossed my mind that the wiring was old - and I also saw some electrical tape on the one. They both worked and he gave me a harp for the one and they were also missing the little pieces that you turn the lamps on and off with.

In the end I was thrilled with my find. I went right home and washed them up. Mr.B wasn't with me so I sent him a picture and told him what a great deal I got. I was so thrilled - I really felt like I was on American Pickers.

So here are my beauties after I got them all cleaned up. My parents have a big sink downstairs so I just scrubbed them with a scrub brush and wiped them down and they came clean no problem. So these were my Black Friday deals this year and I am not mad about it!

When I brought them home and Mr.B saw the plugs he said we'd have to rewire them because the wiring was so old that it would be a fire hazard.

The Freckled Redhead - Peter's Auction Barn

We've been busy with the Holidays and just life in general around here so from now I think I'll be posting regularly on Monday, Wednesday and of course Friday. We haven't been able to do as many projects as we would like and I think quality is better than quantity when it comes to sharing with you guys.

So with that being said - I'll be back on Wednesday to show you the process of re-wiring these. It wasn't hard at all - we both made it harder than it needed to be, but we got a good laugh out of it!

What was your Black Friday score?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover