November 30, 2012

Frankfurter Friday!

Man, oh man. I can't even tell you how glad I am that it's Friday!

It's been a crazy week around here. 3 nights this week Kota has woke us up because he had to go to the bathroom. Our dogs are literally like our children. He goes to the bathroom every-single-night-before-bed. Last night I didn't hear him but I woke up when Mr.B came back in our room it was 2 o'clock we went to bed at 10 and he went to the bathroom before he was put in bed. He felt like that wasn't good enough so he just randomly started barking this morning - really Kota? Don't you know Mama needs her sleep!

Max had his own problems this week. On Tuesday he was outside playing - it snowed here and he loves the snow. He had this stick he was carrying around that Mr.B and I joked was a log because it was not long it was just a fat piece of branch that broke that he found and would carry around with him and want us to throw.

He got it stuck under the stairs like he always does so he was barking his head off for someone to get it out from under there. While I was home over the weekend I weighed my little sausage and he weighed the most he ever has and more than we wanted. So I was happy that he was being active outside.

After he came in he was laying on the couch and I realized he wouldn't open his mouth. I wasn't totally alarmed because this happened before in the summer - he likes to bite the dandelions and grab grass so he was doing that outside and got stung by something.

I wasn't sure what happened this time because there are certainly no bees, but I knew it was probably something we could figure out. I gave him half a Benadryl which is standard procedure around here because the boy is sensitive and 9 out of 10 times it helps him and he's better.

5 hours later I get home from work and he still won't give me any kisses. Mr.B said he just ate and was barking earlier. I was trying to look around in his mouth but of course he was getting annoyed - I thought I saw something but it was a little to dark to tell. I decided to leave his mouth alone and give him another half of Benadryl.

Fast forward to the next morning he's still acting funny - I told Mr.B to keep an eye on him. I got home and he was still acting the same. By this time I was in full panic mode because I knew he had to have a splinter or something stuck in his tooth because he all of a sudden developed bad breath, but I also didn't want to take him to the vet for something I could easily take care of at home. I know that part of being a dog owner is the responsibility of paying for vet bills - but I just knew I could take care of him I'm a good dog Mom I really am.

I was really starting to panic and Mr.B told me to just wait it out that night because our vet was closed and Max is very sensitive to medicines and they know his history so if we brought him somewhere else it could really turn into a BIG thing. I tried brushing his teeth and he totally let me - I was hoping it'd help if something was stuck.

Yesterday morning I woke up and I just couldn't handle one more day. I laid down with him on the floor and was like I'm figuring this out for you! I felt all along his cheeks and all along his gums to see if there was a splinter. I felt all along his teeth and had a flashlight in there. He started to get annoyed that I was prodding him so much and yawned and I saw it!

I reached in and grabbed this big chunk of wood out of in between his teeth. Don't ask me what # teeth or the name of the 2 teeth I don't know that all I know was I felt like Charlie in the Chocolate Factory who had the golden ticket. Yeah, my week was that good that pulling a 'log' out of my dogs tooth made me feel like a real winner!

Needless to say I woke Mr.B up to show him and by time I got out of the shower Max was relaxing on our bed cleaning his feet because he had some catching up to do.

In this picture I imagine him saying, "Here's looking at you kid." (Wow, that was so good I should probably caption the pictures every week! HA)


He's got good form - wouldn't you say?


You just survived my Friday brain dump so I felt like you deserved more than one picture of the leading actor in this story.

It's been a crazy week around here, but we are hopefully going to be able to put up our tree and finally get our decorations out. We have wanted to put it up all week but just didn't have any time! Hopefully, it'll be shinin' bright like a diamond around here after I'm done.

Cheers to the freakin' weekend!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover