November 13, 2012

Shed some light.

Don’t get to excited – I still haven’t gotten any lights for the living room. Instead, I decided to compile a bunch of the options we looked at in hopes of getting me one step closer to 'pulling the plug'.

So here is the plethora of options we've looked at – just click on the picture to be taken to the source.

I like this burlap shade from World Market – once we finally get some lamp bases this might be the winner for the shade – or their larger option.

World Market Burlap Shade
Also from World Market – the clear glass base. We also looked at a lot of vases to see if we saw any we liked to DIY our own version of this. Mr.B is leery about drilling into the glass and we didn't find any we liked anyways.

World Market Glass Base Lamp
This Allen and Roth one from Lowe’s is so cool. I don’t really know if I’d like it for our living room I just think its so awesome. Plus they’re $58 - so I know it’s not in the lamp budget I have in mind.

Lowe's Allen & Roth Lamp

Another option from Lowe’s is this oil rubbed bronze base and it is a 3 way which would be kind of cool. I love energy savings! This one is a big contender we just need to find a shade – that could take another decade!

Lowes 3 Way Lamp
I still haven’t let go of the idea of DIY-ing my own. So when I saw this at Joann’s I was loving it. Turn it upside down and drill through the bottom, no glass to worry about breaking. I’m really thinking that we need some metal in the living room and this might be the perfect fit!

Joann Fabric Metal Vase
This one from Target is really cool too – I think I need to go to try my thrift stores to see if I can find some bases with good lines – and then I can spray paint them to get the Mercury Glass look.

Target Mercury Glass Lamp Base
We've also contemplated this wall mounted option from Lowe’s – but in the oil rubbed bronze version which is impossible to find on their website. I think the tables are pretty big and I think a lamp would help to balance them out and give them ‘something’ - so I'm not sure about the wall mounting option.

Lowe's Wall Mounted LightSo far nothing has really talked to me – expect for maybe the metal vases.  We are still throwing ideas around and then once we figure out the base then there is the task of figuring out the lamp shade. Really, this could go on forever. I know what I want – and I have a hard time settling so stay tuned for another edition of someday we’ll figure out the lamps and until then the living room isn't finished.

Where do you buy your lamps – got any suggestions?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover