December 3, 2012

It’s raining JEMS!

It's no secret that I love the thrill of finding a JEM within all of the other stuff at consignment shops and thrift stores. I told you about it here - so here are my most recent I would've gone home emptied handed but then I found you - JEMS!

We all know about the lamps I recently found - but I've picked up and received some other goodies in the last couple of months. Let’s get right into it – if you follow me on Instagram you might have seen these next two.

This little ceramic pot is from The Key which is a consignment shop right in town. They have clothes and housewares and pretty much anything you can imagine. I couldn't pass this little guy up and for $2 who could! I was actually in there to see if they had any lamps I could rehab.

The Freckled Redhead
I went to look around one more time to see if there was anything else, because why stop at $2. This shelf caught my eye and I was happy it did. It was $6 and it is awesome.

The Freckled Redhead
It’s very detailed and it isn't very deep which is kind of cool. We haven’t done anything with it yet, but we were thinking about putting it in the mudroom when you walk in as a little spot to put things. I’ll let you know what we end up doing with it though.

The Freckled Redhead
My Mom hooked me up with some awesome birthday presents! This strawberries box is so awesome for so many reasons. It’s old and rustic looking, it fits perfectly on our kitchen cart, and I love strawberries!

The Freckled Redhead
It couldn't fit the décor and style we have going on anymore than if we made it ourselves. It has awesome metal brackets on the edges that add to the charm and old feel of it.

The Freckled Redhead
I mean check out the paint job on this thing! It looks like its a hundred years old - but it isn't.

The Freckled Redhead
Mr.B really liked this one. The license plate on the front is actually metal and the rest is old and rustic looking. I put a couple of bears in it and put it on our book shelf in the living room.

The Freckled Redhead
My most favorite thing was this Doxie picture! Everyone always laughs about how long Max’s body and his tail are - so this is a perfect representation of him. Small head long body and really long tail. We hung this up in our hallway. I love it because I see it whenever I go into my office or the bathroom.

The Freckled Redhead - Jems
My notebook obsession continues. I couldn't decide between these 2 so I decided to get both. I kept the pink one but still haven’t written anything in it yet. That is kind of my secret. Back when I showed you all of my notebook’s here - half of them aren't even written in!

The Freckled Redhead - JEMS
This one I passed along to my good friend because I loved the quote and at the time I felt like it was exactly the quote she needed in her life. I found both at T.J Maxx which is where I find a lot of my cool notebooks - they're are by Eccolo.

The Freckled Redhead - JEMS

Those are my latest and greatest finds. There is nothing like going to a store and finding a JEM. I get such a rush from it. I especially love going to thrift stores and consignment shops and finding the hidden JEMS they have like my lamps, the shelf and my little teeny tiny pot.

It’s those pieces that make our house into a home and give it character. When someone asks where I got something there is usually a story behind it which makes it that much more fun because then I can relive the find.

Go thrifting lately -What did you find?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover