December 5, 2012

Spreading Christmas Cheer!

We were finally able to get our Christmas tree and other decorations up this weekend! I must say though that Christmas decorating for me is equivalent to what rolling pizza dough is to me – infuriating.

I have a huge problem with wanting everything to be perfect. I get so annoyed when I roll out pizza dough and it shrinks back up or it rips….just thinking about it gives me bone chilling annoyance. I know your thinking, “It’s just pizza dough.” It’s way more than that to me and the same thing goes for holiday decorating.

In the beginning I’m so excited and can’t wait to deck the halls and then 2 seconds into it I’m ready to burn the halls down. It was no different this year – Mr.B turned on the holiday music channel and was rocking around the Christmas tree with Kota and I was ready to sleigh someone. Get it – sleigh. Oh ho ho HA! By the end of it I usually come around and this year was no different. I do think the tree looks cute and so do our other decorations.

Since I can’t sign loud for you all to hear – I’ll spread my Christmas cheer through pictures.

The Freckled Redhead - Christmas

The Freckled Redhead - Christmas
I used red satin fabric draped around the base of the tree and put a tree skirt from a couple of years ago over top of that. It is a fake tree because Mr.B is allergic. I’m also allergic, to cleaning the mess of a real tree up, that is.

The Freckled Redhead - Christmas

The Freckled Redhead - Christmas
This basket was Mr.B’s Grandma’s and I love it. It is so cute – she had the coolest baskets and we were able to get a bunch and we have them throughout the house.

The Freckled Redhead - Christmas
We decided to not put any decorations outside this year. Last year we had lights on the railings, our mini pine tree and garland around the doors.We decided to forgo those this year because we hardly turned them on last year and we don't live in a village or town where people actually get to see them. At night when they're turned on were inside so the coyotes and skunks would be the ones enjoying them.

We hung our outdoor wreath inside because both of our doors have storm doors on them now so it wouldn't quite work out.

The Freckled Redhead - Christmas
This little guy is fiber optic and lights up – look out frosty.

The Freckled Redhead - Christmas
Anyone else remember these bad boys? My Mom made 2 of these and my sister and I each had one in our rooms during the holidays. I’m missing the star on top but that’s okay.

The Freckled Redhead - Christmas
I made a bunch of paper tree’s using some of the wallpaper books I have. I’ll show you next week how I made them it was so easy!

The Freckled Redhead - Christmas

The Freckled Redhead - Christmas
I put a candle in one our mason jars that we use as glasses – and last year I strung some bells onto twine and timed them together. It fit perfectly around the top of the jar!

The Freckled Redhead - Christmas

I’m probably the only person who gets annoyed by Christmas decorating but that is okay – I own it 100%. We have a few other holiday touches around like bows and grapevine wreaths in the front windows. We also have a small table top tree that we decorate and put in our room.

I really wanted to get a real small tree this year so that after we could plant it. Eventually, I will start that tradition.

What is your holiday decorating tradition?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover