January 24, 2013

New Year - New Yoga

It has been awhile since I posted about any workouts or exercise I've been doing - and there is one reason - I haven't been doing any.

What jump started the whole thing was our vacation over the summer and I felt like I needed to be in shape - especially around my sister. I told you all about it here. So vacation came and went and I kept up with it for a little while but then it was holidays and the only sport I was doing was - hand to mouth exercises.

I struggle with wanting to work out or take classes and then the feeling like I don't have enough time. I'm an obsessive clock watcher and hate when things seem to take too long so I like quick workouts that leave me sore and able to sit on my couch right after. I showed you some here and here.

I have a desk job and my Psychical Therapist sister will tell you how poor my posture has become. I've always carried my stress in my shoulders and lately they've been killing me. I'm not even stressed - I'm just quasimoto.

I've been dying to try yoga and then a couple weeks ago I remembered that I got a yoga DVD in a klutchbox and I should try it out before I go make a fool of myself in front of yoga gurus.

The DVD is Kristin McGee's Power Yoga - and it is awesome. The first time I tried it I was in ultra beginner mode and didn't even have a mat. So just picture me doing yoga on carpet with Max barking at me. In the spirit of keeping it one-hundred around here - I was extremely sore the next day- after 15 minutes of Yoga.

I went out and got a yoga mat and tried it again because it really did feel good through the burn an all. I felt really stretched and relaxed. I gave it another go and was able to do a full routine with Kristin and wasn't sore the next day - thank you yoga mat.

The Freckled Redhead - Yoga Workouts


I'm going to keep plugging away at my new found love for yoga and I might even branch out and take a real yoga class. I even found a few quick yoga routines on Pinterest that I wouldn't mind trying out - they are more like quick stretch routines.

This good morning yoga sequence is from Tales from the Yoga Mat - it's only 8 simple moves and would be a nice stretch in the morning and a good way for me to stretch before I start my day.

The Freckled Redhead - Yoga Workouts

Desk Job Relief is from Fit Sugar and would be a great way for me to stretch out after a long day of - sitting.

The Freckled Redhead - Yoga Workouts

It took me awhile but I finally tried yoga and I think that after doing it at home for a little while I'll branch out and take a free Saturday class to see how I like the atmosphere of taking a class. However, I really like the convenience of being able to do it after dinner and then either blog, read, or watch TV after. Baby steps we're only in January.

Do you have a favorite yoga workout or DVD?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover