February 18, 2013

Reading List

Once a month I share with you what is on my reading list. I decided this time to give you an update on past reading lists and what I've read so far and how I liked them.

You can see my past readings lists here, here, and here. (Click on the pictures below to be taken to the source)

I finally read Andy Cohen's book Most Talkative and I really enjoyed all the 'insider knowledge'. Most of the book is how he got to where he is today with his own show and all the events leading up to it, and there is gossip about the Real Housewives. I'm a huge fan of the Real Housewives franchises -I'm a 'reality TV' junky. Good read.The-Freckled-Redhead-Reading-List

I really expected more from Joan Rivers book I hate everyone ... starting with me. It felt like a long run on joke. Don't get me wrong I think she's funny but I wasn't expecting it to a stand-up skit in book form. It was decent...kind of slow, but there were parts that were hilarious.
The-Freckled-Redhead-Reading-List
I had never heard of Carole Radziwill until she was on...you guessed it Real Housewives. So it was then that I realized she had  book - What Remains - which is about the loss of her husband and best friends. I love reading memoirs so I loved the book especially because I've watched her on TV...so it was interesting to read about her life before the show and of course this tragedy that happened.
The-Freckled-Redhead-Reading-List
If you've ever read Jenny Lawson's blog than you know how funny she is - if you haven't you should start. Let's Pretend This Never Happened - is the same funny stuff she puts on her blog but much more. It's tons of stories that will just make you wonder and of course laugh. My Sister and I both joke that it was written about us - because there are just some funny coincidences - like Jenny falling out of a car - yeah that happened to my sister. Long story -ha!
The-Freckled-Redhead-Reading-List
I've mentioned I really like Jennifer Weiner and this book The Next Best Thing was pretty good. It's about a girl who lives with her Grandma and has a sitcom. It gave a little behind the scenes of what it takes to produce a show so that was kind of interesting. It definitely wasn't my favorite book ever from her but it was good.
The-Freckled-Redhead-Reading-List
I'm reading Gretchen Rubin's Happier at Home - right now. I read her first book The Happiness Project and thought it was good but it felt really slow - like I had to force myself to finish. I didn't have high hopes for this book and I actually really like it. It has really made me think about things and has a lot of good ideas in it. Definitely a good read for anyone that wants to make some changes...and even if you don't I think it would make you think twice.
The-Freckled-Redhead-Reading-List
I was really excited to read Plutocrats but was quickly disappointed. There was a lot of business jargon that was just really hard to push through and that was totally going over my head. I bet this book for someone 'in the know' would be a good read but for me it was like work and I wasn't feeling it so I had to let this one go.
The-Freckled-Redhead-Reading-List
There's a little update on what I've read and what I thought of them. It's nice to see what other people think of books so you don't waste your time waiting for the book from the library or purchasing it yourself to find you don't like it - so hopefully this helps.

I'll be back next month with a 'regular' list of what is on my reading list. I need to add some stuff - so what is everyone reading or what's your favorite book?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover