March 12, 2013

How Pinteresting...

The-Freckled-Redhead-How-Pinteresting
It's time for another round of How Pinteresting....where I give you the details on things I've tried from Pinterest and how they worked or didn't work!

From the My Kitchen Escapades blog Baked Shrimp Scampi - This was amazing! My sister found this recipe while we were home for my Mom's birthday and we made it together and it was so good. We had to cook ours a little bit longer than the suggested cooking time but it was so good over some pasta. The fresh lemon juice and zest really stood out and made this taste better than a classic scampi!

Score: A++

The-Freckled-Redhead-How-Pinteresting
Tasty Kitchen Ricotta Chocolate Chip Cookies - I love ricotta so much I will eat it plain out of the container but in a cookie - I was a little skeptical. I originally saw a recipe for orange zest ricotta cookies or something along those lines and then did a search for plain and this is the recipe I found.  They were light and fluffy and delicious. I used some semi sweet chocolate chips and mini chocolate chips. You couldn't even taste ricotta - it just made them really light and fluffy.

Score: A++

The-Freckled-Redhead-How-Pinteresting
Ask Anna How to clean between oven glass tutorial - Somehow I got a drip in between my oven glass and I saw a few tutorials floating around on how to take the door apart and I really didn't want to do that. Then I found this from Ask Anna and was thrilled. It was a lot easier - my oven door is drip free! The only downside is it streaks easy and you have to work at it a little. It was much easier than taking the whole door apart though so I'm happy!

Score: A

The-Freckled-Redhead-How-Pinteresting
The Friendly Home Oxidizing Wood Tutorial - I showed you how this whole process went down here and here - and it was exactly how she explained in her step by step process. The only thing I didn't do was her final steps with the different waxes - I was only able to find Minwax Paste Wax but we are still happy with our tables today. The paste wax isn't as durable as a poly would be but it ultimately adds to the rustic feel.

Score: A

The-Freckled-Redhead-How-Pinteresting
Simmer Til Done Pumpkin Dog Treats - my little Max is sensitive to a lot of things so when I found this pumpkin dog treat recipe I couldn't wait to try it. His dog food has pumpkin and chicken flavor so I figured he would love these - and he did! They are really simple to make - the time spent is on rolling and cookie cutting but it's worth it. Pumpkin is so good for dogs especially when they have an upset stomach so it's nice to have these on hand.

Score: A+

The-Freckled-Redhead-How-Pinteresting
So there ya have it another round of things I've tried on Pinterest! This was a very successful round because everything I tried I really enjoyed. I love finding new recipes to try especially baked goods! Max wasn't mad about that homemade dog biscuit recipe one bit.

Any Pinterest success or failures lately - share with us!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover